Name Change is a really common thing. A lot of men and women change names for various factors. Some do it to get good fortune, others for union and some only need to modify the spelling. No matter the reason you change your title, it needs to be performed legally. There are legal procedures involved, which can be rather lengthy and complicated.
Kanoons provides among the most effective internet name modification services in India.
We’ve broken down the title change process and have explained in detail regarding the name change process in India. The process involved to get a title change could be broken up to an easy three-step procedure. If the measures are followed properly, it may be carried out in less time.
Procedure in India – A detailed process
CREATING THE NAME CHANGE AFFIDAVIT
The very first step is to pick a new name. When the title is shortlisted, another step will be to earn a Title Change Affidavit that’s done with the support of a lawyer. An affidavit needs to be produced on a stamp paper. The name change affidavit needs to be signed by 2 witnesses and gazetted officer rank together with their stamp.
An ad in a national newspaper needs to be produced. Married women changing their name following marriage ought to write in their husband’s name and address at the telling.
After an initial name change application is submitted, your name has to be published in the National Gazette. We will track the publication on a daily basis. Once the publication is done, we will send you the Gazette copy with the details of the publication page.-kanoons
After a first name modification application is filed, your title needs to be printed in the National Gazette. We’ll monitor the book on a daily basis. When the novel is completed, we’ll send you the Gazette copy together with the particulars of the page.
Preparing the name change affidavit in India
In the event you would like to apply for work, passport, visa, or some other relevant reasons, you’ll need to give confirmation for your citizenship, title, and address. Thus, if you’d recently changed your title, an affidavit on your this has become easily the most essential evidence about your own identity. We provide you various kinds of affidavit formats on the internet.
The affidavit is the most significant record in a this program. It’s a legal document which needs to be stuffed on a stamp paper of Rs.10 or even Rs. 20.
An affidavit could be of several forms. A Number of Them are:
CHANGE OF NAME AFFIDAVIT
This affidavit form requires you to fill in your old name or maiden name, new name, current address, age and the reason for the change in name.
Newspaper Publication & Publication in Gazette of India are mandatory for Change of Name affidavit –
AFFIDAVIT FOR CHANGE OF NAME AFTER MARRIAGE
This affidavit is used for those who want to change their names after marriage. Along with a filled up form, a copy of the marriage certificate and photographs of yourself and your spouse need to be submitted.-kanoons
AFFIDAVIT FOR CHANGE OF NAME ON THE PASSPORT
The affidavit is used in cases of change of name on a passport due to spelling mistakes or change in surname after marriage. The procedure is the same as a change of name.
AFFIDAVIT FOR CHANGE OF NAME FOR MINORS
This affidavit needs to be filled in cases of change of name in minors. The affidavit needs to be presented by the parents or guardians. The other procedures remain the same.-kanoons
Documents required for Online Name modification Application
- An affidavit on a stamp paper, minimum value should be Rs.10.
- The original newspaper cutting of the name change advertisement. A prescribed perform in printed format duly signed by the applicant and two witnesses.
- Two passport size photographs.
- Photocopies of valid ID proof ( PAN card, Aadhar card or passport)
- A CD with a soft copy of the application in .docx format duly filled.
- A letter stating that the content in the hard and soft copy of the application is true.
- A request letter along with the registration fee to the authority.
- Newspaper publication after Name Change in India
- Newspaper advertising is part of the procedure. The ad goes out in a single national paper.
- Additionally, its advisable to keep the copies of the printed newspaper for future reference.
- A Title Change ad in a paper usually contains all of the information listed below:
- The older title of the applicant
- The new name of the applicant
- Father’s/husband’s name
- Age of the applicant
- Quantity of this affidavit for title change made prior from the applicant
- Date where the affidavit was created
- Title Of Notary who has attested the affidavit
Central Gazette publication after name change
Central Gazette is a much better choice to publish your name alter advertising and for government workers, it’s a compulsory step. You have to send the following documents to the department of publication.
- Request letter
- Performa notification
- Verification Certificate
- C.D format
- Discounted Price
- TAN Registration
- MSME/Udyog Aadhar
- Account Opening*
- GST Registration
- 3M GST Return Filing
*Account Opening: We just assist you in opening Current Account in one of our partner account.